This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cover manager finally scans full collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
google01103
Manager
With today's update to 2.2.1-37 the cover manager actually processed my entire collection - unfortunately the results aren't very good as many covers don't match the actual album (though they do match albums in my collection).

I assume my only recourse is to delete the cover director and rescan?

So I deleted the cover dir and restarted Amarok and there's some albums with covers but most have no covers. Do the ones with covers have them because there's a cover in the album dir or because I had "set custom cover"? I would've thought deleting the cover dir would delete all covers.

Restarted cover manager and hit fetch and though still processing the results so far are looking good.

Comments - weird that the progress is in the main Amarok window (not cover manager window) and the only indication of where the process is is when a not found displays the album name (for found covers only a generic "success" msg provided). Process seems slow, seems to have to work thru entire collection even though button says "fetch missing". Wish the cover manager window could show only missing (as in 1.4), was reformatted to also show artist name (can't even right click to see artist) and have the ability to sort by artist.

Hope that in next release there will be a way to adjust the search sting used as in the 1.4x series.

Anyhow thanks to the dev's for the fix.

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Mamarok
Manager
OS
*sigh* you missed some of our previous explanations, apparently:
There is currently no way to have the same cover fetching as in 1.4 since Amazon have changed their API. Covers are currently fetched through last.fm, and it's far from optimal, accordingly. Must be at least the n-th time I type this in this forum...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
google01103
Manager
Mamarok: no, I saw your previous posts and knew that the source of covers changed but since the cover tool did not function correctly (scanning the entire collection) I had no idea how much the functionality changed.

But the purpose of the post (as shown in the title) was to let others know that the "cover tool" finally does work (albeit not optimally). Seeing as how there are multiple posts complaining that the cover tool stopped while scanning I thought others might be interested.

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x