This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

"Track info edit" bug still present? (NO BUG!)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Göran Jartin
Registered Member
The extremely annoying bug that stops changes in the track information from being written to the actual file, seems to be there still in 2.2.1 - at least I can't find anything about it in the announcement.
At the moment, I use 2.2 with an external MySql database, and with all the music files (~55.000) on a NAS. (This setup works perfectly with 1.4.x).

/goran

Last edited by Göran Jartin on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I can't reproduce this here, what bug are you talking about?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Göran Jartin
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:I can't reproduce this here, what bug are you talking about?

A recent example (from today, actually): An album that I dl'd from eMusic was wrongly marked as "GENRE: Country" (by eMusic, not by me).
I changed this to "GENRE: World Folk Latin" on my 2.2.2 setup. Everything seemed to work perfectly.
But when I load this album on 1.4.8, it still shows as "GENRE: Country".
This problem has been reported by others on this forum.
N.B: I can't be totally sure that this isn't a problem with MySql, but I have an identical setup with 1.4.x on three computers, and they work as they should.

/goran
Mamarok
Manager
OS
FWIW, I can't reproduce this here, using Amarok 2.2-git with MySQLe (the default). Did you try to do a full rescan, then restart Amarok?

As for the versions, the latest is Amarok 2.2.1, must be a typo :) And the latest of the 1.4.x series was 1.4.10, why do you use such an old version as 1.4.8?

Also, bug reports should be made where the developers actually see them, which is on http://bugs.kde.org. Please see also the sticky topic in this forum. It's OK to ask if a bug exists or if others had the same problems, but reports are of no use for the developers in the forum, sorry.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Göran Jartin
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:FWIW, I can't reproduce this here, using Amarok 2.2-git with MySQLe (the default).
Did you try that from two different computers?
why do you use such an old version as 1.4.8?
Because it works. 1.4.8 is the version provided for Mandriva 2008.1
Since Amarok is the most important software for me, I won't upgrade Mandriva until Amarok is ready. (The showstopper being the problem with track info - that's why I actually hope to find out that the problem is in my setup, rather than in Amarok).
It's OK to ask if a bug exists or if others had the same problems, but reports are of no use for the developers in the forum, sorry.
Sure. That's what I did - tried to find out how common this problem is, and whether it's solved already :)

/goran
Göran Jartin
Registered Member
Did you try to do a full rescan, then restart Amarok?
Seems I actually had missed that on the computer with 2.2.
When I rescanned the collection after changing the tags, they actually reverted to their original values!
This is also verified by reading the metadata from the files themselves - Amarok 2.2 won't change the metadata, but only makes it changes in the database.
Maybe I should report this as a bug? Would be interesting if anyone else could verify it, though.

/goran
Mamarok
Manager
OS
As I said, I can't reproduce this here.

Do you talk about 2.2 or 2.2.1? Please be more precise on the version, there has been a lot of work in between, as you can seem from the changelog:

http://gitorious.org/amarok/amarok/blobs/HEAD/ChangeLog

Göran Jartin
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:As I said, I can't reproduce this here.

Well, in that case it must be something on my side - and since I haven't done anything other than installing Mandriva 2010.0 (on my test computer, thank god), the fault must lie there.
Thanks for your help!