This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Questions, Amarok 2.2.1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
StefanT
Registered Member
OS

Questions, Amarok 2.2.1

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:38 pm
Average memory usage is 75 MB. Is it possible to optimize Amarok to use 35 MB xD ?

In previous version of Amarok there was option Organize music or something like that. Now I can not find this option... I had one problem in previous version, maybe it was removed because it was buggy....

In Playlist sometimes context menu is shorter than expected. Song is from Collection, it's not stream...

Amarok is "Scannig music" even when I change something in Settings that is not related to Collection settings. Bug.

Amarok is one of rare applications that can not hide menus? ;)

It would be nice if we could remove artists from collection without deleting it...

Thank you.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Questions, Amarok 2.2.1

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:53 am
StefanT wrote:Average memory usage is 75 MB. Is it possible to optimize Amarok to use 35 MB xD ?

Space-time tradeoff

(One of the reasons for why the answer is: No)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
StefanT
Registered Member
OS

Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:07 am
Ok, if it's not possible. I just tought it's too much for audio player, even Amarok.:p

Other questions? Thanks.;D
hlavki
Registered Member
OS

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:44 pm
Maybe wrong question, but fact is, that amarok 2.2.1 is eager beast xD . I have opensuse 11.1 with KDE 4.3.3 and amarok 2.2.1 has after start 70MB and after some hour of playing 100+MB of memory.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:46 pm
hlavki wrote:Maybe wrong question, but fact is, that amarok 2.2.1 is eager beast xD . I have opensuse 11.1 with KDE 4.3.3 and amarok 2.2.1 has after start 70MB and after some hour of playing 100+MB of memory.

FYI (this is bit technical, but anyway):

One of the main reasons for high memory usage is the QtScript bindings that we use, generated by a program from a Qt developer. In the near future (can't tell exactly when) we plan to switch to a better solution, SMOKE based, which will use much less memory.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer