This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Streaming from Amarok to Amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Streaming from Amarok to Amarok

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:25 pm
For a simple test, i like to play with amarok on 1 pc and listen to that stream on another pc with amarok. Both pcs use Opensuse 11.1 - amarok-1.4.10-103.pm.107.42. HTTP-Proxy for streaming is configured. Do I have to configure anything else on the server? On the client I get stream not found, I added it at radio-streams with the IP-address of the server (http://...)
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Streaming from Amarok to Amarok

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:28 pm
Amarok is not streaming software, I don't think you can do that

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:45 pm
What ist this for?

configure / engine / HTTP Prosy for streaming?

Could it be solved with ampache?
nhn
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:14 pm
There is an interesting little script called Amparok (http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Am ... tent=98913) which can be installed from the Amarok 2 Script Manager. It basically exports the local collection using the Ampache XML API.

You can then use the Ampache service of another instance of Amarok to stream music.

I have not tested it in a while, but I have not heard anything about it being broken either.
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:34 pm
I have setup an ampache-server in the meantime for my local network. Generally it works, when I use a browser and open a m3u-file with amarok.

How can I include this ampache-server as "radio-startion" in amarok 1?
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:58 pm
@Freespirit: The script looks interesting, but at the moment I try to get it work with Amarok 1