This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ampache Plugin for Amarok?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Ampache Plugin for Amarok?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Where do I get, or must I only enable it, the Ampache plugin for Amarok? I couldn't find neither in Amarok 1 nor in Amarok 2. A search for the plugin didn't help too.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Ampache Plugin for Amarok?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:14 pm
In the Settings Menu - Configure Amarok -> Internet Services.
You of course will need to have access to an Ampache server to be able to use this.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:13 pm
Sorry, I can't find it:

amarok-1.4.10-103.pm.107.42

Settings / configure amarok / and then?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:38 am
Well, I can't help you with Amarok 1.4, sorry, development has ended a long time ago and we do not support it anymore neither. There are quite a few things that don't work anymore as they used to in 1.4.x, you should really consider an upgrade.

Didn't you mention Amarok 2 in your first post? Make sure you go to the current 2.2.1 version.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:33 pm
First I want to thank you Mamarok for your replies. With openSUSE, Amarok 2 is "officially available" since 11.2 or in other words since 1 month. A lot of things don't work as I expect. I think today there was an update to 2.2.1 and since this I have a problem with some test pcs, I cannot open Amarok anymore, since it says, that my database is _newer_. Ok, I used the factory version, which is probably newer, but I don't understand why Amarok was downgroaded or what else could happen. So I have to solve this first.

WIth a fresh install of 2.2.1 and a mysql-db the collection was gathered twice, after I closed Amarok.

I saw the Ampache-plugin in Amarok 2, but I think, I have to find out, how to get a similar design with Amarok 2 compared to Amarok 1.

I will open other threads, step by step, so this thread will stay for ampache.

Thanks!
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 pm
While Amarok is collecting the files, I try to go on with Ampache on another machine. I can play music from the ampache-website. I can open the m3u-file at the website with amarok.

I have configured the Ampache plugin (Amarok 2.2.1). But I didn'find out how to get the whole Ampache collection into Amarok.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:16 pm
You don't put the whole Ampache collection into Amarok, that's not the point. If you have an Ampache server, it's to have access to your music online, why on earth would you want to load all that into Amarok?
You can browse the Ampache collection from within Amarok and load files to the playlist to play.

crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:24 pm
I have a small test ampache-collection.

I don't see anything from the ampache-server in Amarok. It is not a question about how to add all files. I would be happy to add 1 simple song.

The user has admin-rights. Do I need ACL in ampache.cfg in any case? At the moment I avoid the restrict anything.
vollmerk
Registered Member

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Crystalball - Have you checked / followed the documentation on Ampache's website, http://ampache.org/wiki/clients:amarok

I'm confused as to what state exactly your Ampache and Amarok installations are in, so I can't give you specific help. Please read the above documentation, and if you run into trouble ask questions about specific sections of the instructions, and or give us the exact error being displayed.
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:07 pm
I think I have a network routing problem, which I don't understand.

Code: Select all
( access_denied ) - Streaming Access Denied: 192.168.178.100 does not have stream level access

And I won't this change.

192.168.178.100 is the network interface to the Fritzbox (dsl-modem).

192.168.178.100 is the 2nd NIC of the machine (external zone), which runs Ampache. The 1st NIC has 192.168.2.100 (internal zone) and this IP is allowed.

My stream access     192.168.2.98     192.168.2.111     Read     Ampache User (System)         Stream Access
crystalball
Registered Member
OS

Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:32 pm
It lloks like my problem is a DNS problem, which I don't understand. The ampache website opens with a FQDN and a short alias name.

When I use the IP-address I can listen music with vlc, if I set

access_control = "true"

Now I cannot see the Ampache plugin in "Media sources / Internet" of Amarok 2.2.1

Here is my

/etc/ampache.cfg
config_version = 8
web_path        = "/ampache"
database_hostname = localhost
database_name = ampache_sv
database_username = wwwrun
database_password = secret
session_length = 900
stream_length = 3600
remember_length = 3600
session_name = ampache
session_cookielife = 0
session_cookiesecure       = 0
auth_methods = "mysql"
catalog_file_pattern = "mp3|mpc|m4p|m4a|mp4|aac|ogg|rm|wma|asf|flac|spx|ra|ape|shn|wv"
access_control = "true"
require_session = "true"
tag_order = "id3v2,id3v1,vorbiscomment,quicktime,ape,asf"
use_auth        = "yes"
ratings = "true"
album_art_order = "db,id3,folder,lastfm,amazon"
show_album_art = "true"
amazon_base_urls = "http://webservices.amazon.com"
max_amazon_results_pages = 1
debug = "true"
debug_level = 5
log_path = "/var/log/ampache/"
site_charset = UTF-8
refresh_limit = "60"
auto_create = "true"
search_field = song_title
search_type  = fuzzy
transcode_m4a           = true
transcode_m4a_target    = mp3
transcode_flac_target   = mp3
transcode_mp3_target    = mp3
transcode_cmd_flac      = "flac -dc %FILE% | lame -b %SAMPLE% -S - - "
transcode_cmd_m4a       = "faad -f 2 -w %FILE% | lame -r -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
transcode_cmd_mp3       = "mp3splt -qnf %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | lame --mp3input -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
transcode_cmd_ogg   = "oggsplt -qn %FILE% %OFFSET% %EOF% -o - | oggdec -Q -o - - | lame -S -q 3 -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
use_rss = true
vollmerk
Registered Member

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:25 pm
Crystal have you tried added a second ACL for the external interface? that should solve your problem.