This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to create a list like in Amarok 1.4 with 2.2.1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
crystalball
Registered Member
OS
This is an 1.4 screenshot:

How do I create a list with selected fields in Amarok 2.2.1, so it looks like in 1.4? I like this kind of list very much for editing ID3-tags.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Have a look at the playlist Layout Editor.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
crystalball
Registered Member
OS
Should the playlist Layout Editor be available in 2.2.1? I cannot find it. Thanks Mamarok!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Of course, it is available since version 2.1.x already. Check the playlist on the right, at the bottom right you have an icon for it. (This has been moved to the Tools dialog for the next version BTW, since it is a setting, not an action).

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
crystalball
Registered Member
OS
Thanks, I was nearly there ;-)

Is it possible to deactivate the middle column with the lyrics to get more space for the list?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Right click on the toolbar, Unlock format, then remove the Context view. You can also push around the various elements, I suggest you try a bit before removing a panel, since you can also push it under the Media panel and switch tabs.

crystalball
Registered Member
OS
Thanks, is it possible to have a different configuration for the main toolbar and the slim toolbar? I would like to have no context with the slim one.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Not that I know of, but you could make a wish request for it. No idea if this is doable easily but IIRC, one of the developers had an idea for bookmarking layouts, could be an idea.