This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dynamic Playlists in 2.2 - How to make them act like 1.4?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Se7enLC
Registered Member
In Amarok 1.4 I was able to set up a "Party Mode". I made a static playlist of songs that I wanted to play. I then set up a Dynamic Playlist to select music from that static playlist to queue up. Random order, keep 10 songs queued up all the time. It worked pretty well - you could look at the player to see what songs were coming up, and you could very easily browse through the collection to add "requests" into the queue to have them come up soon.

In 2.2 I can't find any way to do this. The Dynamic Playlist doesn't seem to have an option to select music from a static playlist. Any suggestions? As much as I want to just hang on to 1.4, I should probably make an attempt to switch over now that it's becoming more full-featured. I'm trying to recompile 1.4 as well, so I guess it's a race to see if I can get 1.4 working before I can find how to get Dynamic Playlists back.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
Dynamic playlists are being worked on; they are a work in progress. Better things soon!
lfranchi
KDE Developer
the dynamic playlist system is far from ideal in its current incarnation. we have a design and concept for a new framework to replace it, however, we still need someone to sit down and actually code it :)

leo

Amarok developer.

lfranchi, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.