This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

lyrics

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Filipe
Registered Member

lyrics

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:49 pm
I hope I'm posting in the right place.

1) I had (using Amarok 1.4) added lyrics to some songs. Now I'm using Amarok 2.1.1. How can I recover those lyrics, at least for a while, untill I copy then to a file? I found they are in a file called collection.db, but I don't know how to read this file properly.

2) Also, in Amarok 2.1.1, the lyrics keeps updating and sometimes I like to fix something in the lyrics or add an explanation to the lyrics, but those modifications are lost every time I listen to the song again. How can I fix the lyrics?

3) Is there a handbook for Amarok where those things and other features of Amarok are explained?

Thanks, Filipe
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: lyrics

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 am
Filipe wrote:
::snip::

3) Is there a handbook for Amarok where those things and other features of Amarok are explained?

Thanks, Filipe

Hey Filipe! We are starting to write a new Handbook -- are you interested in helping? We don't just need writers, but loads of other people.

Join our IRC channel: irc://irc.freenode.net/rokymotion
Our mail list: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/amarok-promo
Filipe
Registered Member

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:03 pm
Yes, I would like to help. Which kind of help could I give? I've just gotten into the mail list.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm
Felipe, you should upgrade, your Amarok version is seriously outdated, since we released Amarok 2.2.2 yesterday.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Filipe
Registered Member

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:38 pm
I can find Amarok 2.2.1, but I cannot find Amarok 2.2.2. In which repository?
Filipe
Registered Member

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:48 pm
Would it be possible to install Amarok 1.4 together with Amarok 2? Where can I find Amarok 1.4?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:58 pm
Filipe wrote:Would it be possible to install Amarok 1.4 together with Amarok 2? Where can I find Amarok 1.4?

Not really, no. It could be done, but that would require a number of hacks. I wouldn't recommend it.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Filipe
Registered Member

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 pm
I've installed amarok 2.2.1 and I also installed Amarok 1.4.10 from a opensuse kde3 repository. Both are working fine as if they were different programs. Using Amarok 1.4 I recovered the evaluations of the songs (the stars) and lots of other features. The only thing that I cannot recover are the lyrics which do not appear when I edit the informations about the track. It seems that this version (1.4.10) is newer than the one I had before, since it also tries to find the lyrics in the internet so it ignores the lyrics I had added myself.