This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok Context Browser Color?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Martux
Registered Member
OS

Amarok Context Browser Color?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:54 pm
Hello!
I am using Amarok 2.2.2 under KDE-4.3.4.
What really drives me nuts right now is the color of the context browser.
It´s set automatically to my systems foreground color, which in my case is a light orange.
I have tabbed view set between context and media browser. The media browser is colored decent grey. How can I set the color of the context browser to the same color?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Amarok Context Browser Color?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:28 pm
What colour scheme are you using? Amarok uses the system colours by default

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Martux
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm
Hi Mamarok (cool name btw.)!
I use a custom color theme and as widget set qt-curve if that matters.
Amarok seems to use the color you set under system settings > appearance > colors > color selection > selection background (translating from my german kde). This does not make much sense to me, as this is normally set to a signal color?! If I set the color to eg. grey, amarok´s context browser changes color but so does a highlighted entry in konqueror too :(
I hope I could make clear what I mean and there is a fix...
lfranchi
KDE Developer

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 pm
Amarok uses the system highlight color, that is, "the highlight brush of the current color group." so that's the color you need to change to change the CV color in amarok.

Amarok developer.

lfranchi, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Martux
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:02 am
Yes, I mentioned that in the previous post... The question was if there is another way to change that specific color for Amarok or the context browser only? Or, if not, if there will be themes in the near future?
lfranchi
KDE Developer

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:07 am
No, there currently is no way to change what colorgroup amarok uses. You can however just modify the colorscheme....

Amarok developer.

Martux
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:19 am
Good morning ;)
As you wrote that would change the systems highlight color too. Imho, a background color should be used, as some people use a signal color" for the highlighting stuff. Well, thanks for the answer anyways. I found amarok 2.2.0 the first 2x version as usable for me as 1.4 was and from 2.2.1 on, it´s really nice. Are there any plans for themes yet?
lfranchi
KDE Developer

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:27 am
Well, themeing-wise you can already change the style (because amarok follows the KDE style) and the colors (amarok collors kde colors) and window decoration. So there isn't much left. Basically, only the Context View is not easily changeable... the plan was to use SVGs which would then be exchangeable by the user, but it turned out to be waaay to slow and so we switched to native painting.

Amarok developer.