This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

flac files?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
spiritofelric
Registered Member
OS

flac files?

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 am
I find when clicking on a new position in flac files, they scan very slowly or Amarok crashes

Also, i think the ID tags are not working.

Any recommendations for FLAC in Amarok.

Amarok
Version 2.2.0
Using KDE 4.3.2 (KDE 4.3.2)
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: flac files?

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:11 am
Which Phonon backend are you using?

See System Settings > Multimedia or Amarok > Settings > Configure Amarok > Playback > Configure Phonon.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
spiritofelric
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:46 am
bcooksley wrote:Which Phonon backend are you using?

it says that "HDA NVidia (ALC861-VD Digital)" is failing so it's defaulting to PulseAudio.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:48 am
spiritofelric wrote:
bcooksley wrote:Which Phonon backend are you using?

it says that "HDA NVidia (ALC861-VD Digital)" is failing so it's defaulting to PulseAudio.

I'm going to assume that you are using the "xine" backend, because these symptoms are typical of that.

Here's how you can fix it: Use the tool "metaflac" and add a "seek-table" (sometimes also called "seekpoints") to your FLAC files. Xine needs those for seeking properly (a known limitation).

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentati ... aflac.html

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
spiritofelric
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:45 pm
Here's how you can fix it: Use the tool "metaflac" and add a "seek-table" (sometimes also called "seekpoints") to your FLAC files. Xine needs those for seeking properly (a known limitation).

Thanks! that's very helpful. I haven't added a seek table yet (have to read about setting blocks correctly), but it is a xine backend.