This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Itunes Filter Pane Layout

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wtbennington
Registered Member
OS

Itunes Filter Pane Layout

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:33 am
Is it possible to get Amarok to have a filter pane of music like Itunes. I have looked but have not found anything yet. Should I just stick to using Songbird?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Itunes Filter Pane Layout

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:18 am
Sorry, but I have no idea how iTunes looks, you should make a screenshot so we know what you are talking about. What is this filter pane and what does it do?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
passerbycmc
Registered Member
OS

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 pm
no there isnt anything like the filter pane from itunes but it is not really needed considering that collection is a tree view and you can already filter the albums from an artist with it.
wtbennington
Registered Member
OS

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:59 pm
passerbycmc,

Thanks for the reply. That is to bad. I would like to use it but I hate that style of interface. Oh well.
drinkingcoffee
Registered Member

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:39 pm
I'm the opposite -- I hate the iTunes filter pane style layout.
You can always try songbird: http://getsongbird.com

I believe it has that feature
wtbennington
Registered Member
OS

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:24 pm
Drinking Coffee..

Thanks, I have been using songbird but thought I would see if Amarok could have the same functionality.