This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Replaygain : How to check ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nonolemono
Registered Member
OS

Replaygain : How to check ?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:59 am
Hi,

I'm trying to check whether amarok is reading my replaygain tags but I can't figure out a way to do so.

All my files are tagged properly (been using gain for ages), replaygain is set to track, backend is xine (gstreamer does not allow me to play any file), amarok is version 2.3.

I do not here any sound difference and in debug mode I do not see anything about replaygain. Should I ?

I'm really willing to make this works coz I wrote a script to copy my musepack gain info to APEv2 tags that amraok is suposed to read, but I can't even check that it works because I don't even have replaygain working for mp3 files !!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this.

Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Replaygain : How to check ?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:53 am
Did you activate the ReplayGain mode? In the Settings menu at the top.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
nonolemono
Registered Member
OS

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:59 pm
Yes, replaygain is set to track in amarok menu.
nonolemono
Registered Member
OS

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:02 pm
In a fresh new system, I installed gtreamer backend and still can't here any difference.

Any way to see in debug mode in gain is taken into account ?

I checked the database and all gain fields are properly set...
rmallis
Registered Member
OS

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:54 pm
Hi, have you found the answer to your question?
???
nonolemono
Registered Member
OS

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:50 pm
Hi,

In debug mode you can see it actually.
Look for something like "Using gain of"

I filed a bug on this issue, and then marked it fixed.
The thing is I realized afterward that maybe it is because I was initially using gstreamer and switched to xine.

All in all I can onlly confirm for sure that gain is being used with MPC when using Xine. Using Gstreamer I need to double check.
rmallis
Registered Member
OS

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:18 pm
Thanks for the reply. I tried this. I think it is working for 99% but it seems as if some files where replaygain tags are definitely present, it is not using them(unfortunately these are some of the loudest files). I've tried a rescan of the entire collection, hoping that this will help, but it is not the case. I had tried using qtgain, but amarok ignores those completely. I then rescanned using a vorbisgain script (these are vorbis files) and most of the files are correctly recognized, but there are a stubborn few.

Anyway, thanks again, hopefully these last few will give in and be gained with the rest of them.

rmallis