This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rearrange tracks after generating random playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sauronnikko
Registered Member
Hello. This is my first time as an Amarok user. I have Amarok 2.3 running in Ubuntu 9.10 64. I'd like to know if it is possible to reorder tracks in the playlist after having applied the random sorting. I have tried dragging and dropping songs but it doesn't have any effect. Is this feature not available or is there a way do accomplish this. Thanks!
.Mu
Registered Member
OS
You just have to click the "clear sorting" button Image and the playlist should return to the orginal order.
sauronnikko
Registered Member
Hi, .Mu. Thanks for replying. I am actually aware of that, and that wasn't what I was looking for, but reading my question again, I noticed it could be easily misinterpreted. What I was really wanting to do was not to restore the playlist to its original order, but to, now that it has been randomly sorted, be able to change its order a bit, like you can do using Party Shuffle in iTunes. I just want to generate a random playlist and modify it at my will, but Amarok doesn't let me and that is my question. Thanks again!
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
This is fixed in 2.3-GIT, I just tested. Once you generate a random playlist, you can easily drag and drop any track anywhere you want; so this will be in the next release.

Valorie