This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok crashed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
smooky
Registered Member
OS

Amarok crashed

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:32 pm
Hi guys!

When I'm launched Amarok, it is very slow process and I've looking to System Monitor, Amarok take the 450Mb memory then crashed with:

$ ./amarok
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
QGraphicsLinearLayout::removeAt: invalid index 1
<unknown program name>(15420)/: Communication problem with "amarok" , it probably crashed.
Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

Environment: FreeBSD 8.0, KDE 4.3.5, Amarok 2.2.2

How could I fix that?

FreeBSD 8.1, Kubuntu 10.10, KDE 4.5.5, KDE Russian Localization Team
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: Amarok crashed

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:02 am
Hi smooky - We wrote quite an extensive article on how to file useful bug reports in the last Amarok Insider: http://amarok.kde.org/en/Insider/Issue_14

Basically, you will start Amarok inside of gdb, thus:

Code: Select all
gdb amarok

(gdb) run --debug --nofork

Once Amarok crashes, you can easily file a bug using Dr. Konqui which should pop up, but even if it doesn't -- you can get a backtrace and file one manually at bugs.kde.org.

Thanks!

Valorie