This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok help

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fipem
Registered Member
OS

Amarok help

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm
Please guys I need some help with a couple of issues on amarok:

1.- It takes like 10 minutes to start, showing the startup image (I have 7.500 songs, that should not be an issue I guess)

2.- I've manually downloaded an alarm script, since cant download from amarok as it gives me an error (Loading of providers from file: http://download.kde.org/ocs/providers.xml failed)but i cant see it as installed (like ultimate lyrics) on the downloaded scrips, and I cant re-istall it as it says that I have to uninstall it first, how? if I cant even see it...

3.- How the heck does the lyrics thing works? I have downloaded Ultimate Lyrics script and disable the wiki lyrics stuff, before it says that no lyrics was found, then its says that it found lyrics but i cant see them... please help me!

Amarok ver. 2.3
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: Amarok help

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:50 pm
Hmmm. I suggest you run amarok from the console:

Code: Select all
amarok -d --nofork

You'll get some output which might help you figure out why it is starting so slowly. It should start up in less than a minute -- I have 20K tracks.

For help with scripts, you should write to the script author or team. You might search for where-ever you downloaded the script originally, and see if there is a README file. That should give you more help on uninstalling. Generally I would advise that if Amarok can't install it for you, don't install it.

Valorie
fipem
Registered Member
OS

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:54 pm
valoriez wrote:Hmmm. I suggest you run amarok from the console:

Code: Select all
amarok -d --nofork

You'll get some output which might help you figure out why it is starting so slowly. It should start up in less than a minute -- I have 20K tracks.

For help with scripts, you should write to the script author or team. You might search for where-ever you downloaded the script originally, and see if there is a README file. That should give you more help on uninstalling. Generally I would advise that if Amarok can't install it for you, don't install it.

Valorie

Thanks Valorie for ur reply, I'll try to run it frm the console, do u know any command to star the playback in amarok? I need it to tell the alarm to start up with amarok playing music. Thanks again!
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 pm
Sorry, I don't know anything about that, but you might find help here:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/ ... _HowTo_2.0

Best of luck,

Valorie
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:02 am
fipem wrote:Thanks Valorie for ur reply, I'll try to run it frm the console, do u know any command to star the playback in amarok? I need it to tell the alarm to start up with amarok playing music. Thanks again!

Since the Alarm script is a third party application, you definitely should ask the script author. Also make sure you did indeed download an Amarok 2.x script, there are still a lot of older scripts for the 1.x series available on http://kde-apps.org

There is a Forum like discussion board attached to all scripts where you can ask your questions.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...