This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2.3.1 Beta 1 Download??

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Piers
Registered Member
OS

Amarok 2.3.1 Beta 1 Download??

Thu May 13, 2010 4:29 pm
Please, please someone tell where I can download, install.... Amarok 2.3.1 Beta 1

I have enabled the ppa: Followed the bal of the instructions and all it tells me is that the latest version is already installed!!! 2.3.0

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install amarok

I was not sure where I had to put this! If it is not in the correct place, would a mod please move this to the right forum!

Thanks Piers

“When you blame yourself, you learn from it. If you blame someone else, you don't learn nothing, cause hey, it's not your fault, it's his fault, over there.”
Joe Strummer.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Amarok 2.3.1 Beta 1 Download??

Thu May 13, 2010 4:44 pm
It is a beta release, hence it's in the beta-PPA: http://www.kubuntu.org/news/amarok-koff ... elop-betas. Please always refer to the kubuntu.org website for news about updated package in your distribution.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Piers
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 13, 2010 5:27 pm
Thanks! I am aware that it is a Beta release, hence my topic heading! I am using Ubuntu 10.04 64 Bit software. Why I asked is because I did not know where to look, sorry if this was obtuse of me! I STILL do not know where to go because you have pointed me to Repositories Kubuntu? Sorry can anyone please spoon feed me, I just need to be pointed in the right direction???

Thanks
Piers

“When you blame yourself, you learn from it. If you blame someone else, you don't learn nothing, cause hey, it's not your fault, it's his fault, over there.”
Joe Strummer.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Thu May 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Did you read that article I pointed you to? Apparently not, since it tells you to add the beta PPA to your repositories... Why don't you just add that beta PPA and try it?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Piers
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 13, 2010 5:55 pm
Yes I did and have all the appropriate settings flagged and the ppa backport installed but nothing is happening! Thanks anyway.

Joe Strummer.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Thu May 13, 2010 6:32 pm
*sigh*, you didn't read... the article tells you you need the beta PPA, not the backports PPA. Read again...