This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Multiple playlists open at once?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sxe
Registered Member
OS
Actually it is more like this bug (request): https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=239951

The bug mentioned by Mamarok is not what we are talking about here. Please have a look this bug comment to see why:

Erik Hahn 2010-08-28 14:41:36 UTC
Unless I've severely misunderstood the other bug, this is not a dupe. This is not about editing one playlist while using a different one but about enabling two playlists at once with amarok internally using a "virtual" playlist which contains the tracks that are present in both active playlists.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Multiple playlists open at once?

Tue May 29, 2012 10:00 am
That is not what the topic title suggests, then :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
cb
Registered Member
I understand what he is looking for and so am I ...which is why he references the Winamp style...I love Amarok but it really needs this functionality for editing unless I am missing something.
I have all my music in one large playlist over 100,000....While this list is running through it would be nice if I could right click a song and save it to a different playlist...not neccessary open but being able to create a new playlist int he background while listening to my huge collection. This allows me to sort different songs into playlists while listening randomly to the huge playlist.
Does that make sense?
I dont really need two open at the same time but the ability to add it to another playlist in the background gives me the manageability to
listen to songs while I am work and as ones come up I like I can add them to separate playlists. i.e Friday Night playlist ....Sunday Playlist...dance playlist..
etc....
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
cb wrote:I understand what he is looking for and so am I ...which is why he references the Winamp style...I love Amarok but it really needs this functionality for editing unless I am missing something.
I have all my music in one large playlist over 100,000....While this list is running through it would be nice if I could right click a song and save it to a different playlist...not neccessary open but being able to create a new playlist int he background while listening to my huge collection. This allows me to sort different songs into playlists while listening randomly to the huge playlist.
Does that make sense?
I dont really need two open at the same time but the ability to add it to another playlist in the background gives me the manageability to
listen to songs while I am work and as ones come up I like I can add them to separate playlists. i.e Friday Night playlist ....Sunday Playlist...dance playlist..
etc....

You can do this. You can just click and drag songs from the current playlist into saved playlists.

cb
Registered Member

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:31 am
Thanks! so much I was hoping I was just missing something. Not sure why else you would want two playlists open?
2ndhandband
Registered Member
Not sure why else you would want two playlists open?

If you don't understand the need to switch between playlists with a single click, seamlessly move tracks between playlists, and have multiple playlists available that you can edit on the fly without permanently saving the changes, then you clearly are not an entertainment professional of any kind. Look, I think Amarok 2.8 is superior to Clementine in almost every way... but as long as Clementine has tabbed playlists and Amarok doesn't, Clementine wins hands down. This one feature is that important.
msdobrescu
Registered Member
OS

Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 am
2ndhandband wrote:
Not sure why else you would want two playlists open?

If you don't understand the need to switch between playlists with a single click, seamlessly move tracks between playlists, and have multiple playlists available that you can edit on the fly without permanently saving the changes, then you clearly are not an entertainment professional of any kind. Look, I think Amarok 2.8 is superior to Clementine in almost every way... but as long as Clementine has tabbed playlists and Amarok doesn't, Clementine wins hands down. This one feature is that important.

Exactly my case.