This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Opening Amarok system tray menu crashes Plasma

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
whashnez
Registered Member
OS
Hello there!

Everything is working fine, but lately I encountered this strange problem: Every time I try to access the Amarok system tray menu by right clicking Amarok icon on system tray, Plasma crashes, screen goes black and restores again. It's pretty annoying, because I have to be really fast to click on something before it crashes. This sometimes happen when I start Amarok too! Any help? Thanks!

I'm using Arch Linux x86_64 with KDE 4.4.4 and Amarok 2.3.1

Well good job Einstein, why don't we build a rocket in the meantime...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Does this occur if you right click on the KMix system tray icon? Also, have you tried generating a back trace? ( Developer information tab in DrKonqi )

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
whashnez
Registered Member
OS
Figured it out.

I don't know why, but daisy plasmoid caused plasma to crash if and only if I had Amarok as a launcher in it. I removed Amarok from Daisy and the plasma crashes stopped!

Could you please tell me where to find DrKonqi for Arch Linux? The problem is considered solved for me, but I could provide usefull information for further development.

Thank you.

Well good job Einstein, why don't we build a rocket in the meantime...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
DrKonqi is the KDE Crash Assistant which opens whenever a KDE application crashes. DrKonqi is a component of kdebase-runtime and is a dependency of any KDE application.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]