This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Folder Art, My SQL, the Home Directory... (HELP!)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chowanec
Registered Member
OS
Hey all,

This is a bit of an OCD problem. And a bit of a database problem. And it involves a rather big music database.

I've finally gone and completed my folder art for the 28,000 tracks I have in my database. What I failed to realize at the time was that it was putting the artwork for my albums in my .kde/ folder off my home directory when I actually want them in the folder of the music itself.

I have all my music living on a network share ~/Network/Music/<Artist>/<Album>/

I have 800 or so .jpgs in: ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/large

They have names (hashcodes?) like: 1fe7c6615002313ec20274b6967c35ed

I'd like to basically:
1) Query the Amarok mySQL database to get the folder art name for each album.
2) If the album name lives off of ~/.kde/ then I know it is local.
3) If (2) is true then query the same entry to get the artist name and album name
4) Check ~/Network/Music/<artist>/<album>/folder.jpg to see if it exists.
5) If (4) is false, copy the local file to the location in step (4).

That's where I need your help -- anyone got any good ideas? This is a music collection that has spanned 20 or so years at this point, and once it is complete, it is going to be much easier to maintain. Any help is appreciated.

-Chow

P.S. I've seen some scripts that copy the artwork from the currently playing track, but that will take, well on average 28,000 * 3.5 minutes to run through my whole database.