This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help to interact with my MP3 player

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
neves
Registered Member

Help to interact with my MP3 player

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:45 am
Hi,
I'm somewhat lost with my new Amarok. Till last month, I was using Amarok version 1. It's my favorite music player in all platforms. The new Amarok is gorgeous, but I'm really struggling with the interface, specially when I have to interact with my MP3 player, an ipod nano.

Here are my annoyances:

1)How do I asynchronously transfer files to my ipod?
In the older Amarok I could rip a CD, put the files in the transfer queue, and next time I connect my player the musics would be loaded in it. Now it looks like I need to have the player connect to transfer files.

2) I have an external usb drive that's always connect and that doesn't have any music. How do I remove them from my "Local Music" ?

3) Is it possible to remove the option "Move to collection" ?
I have one collection and *copy* files to my ipod. When I'm tired of the music, I delete the files from the player. I've already lost some files that I accidentally moved to to player and deleted it. Am I doing something wrong here?

4) In gtkpod I can set some attributes of the music files in the ipod to make them behave as audiobooks files: remember where it was playing, remove from the shuffle etc. Is it possible to do the same with Amarok? When I try to use both application my ipod database becomes corrupted.

5) When I'm hearing an album it appears in the middle panel, but I can't transfer it to the player. No option right clicking in it, drag'n drop doesn't work. Is it possible?

6) When I open Amarok it displays the recently added albums. How do I find the recent albums list again after I start playing some music? It is great to transfer the recently ripped CDs to my mp3 player.

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards,
Paulo
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
I don't know much about devices, but I can tell you how to find your recently added music - search/sort your local collection like

Code: Select all
added:<1w

to find everything added within the last week, for instance. If you want only the tracks you haven't played yet, add "playcount:0". You can use d=day, w=week, m=month, y=year. If you switch the > caret, you can even filter to just all the oldest music never played.

Have fun with it,

Valorie
fruitcakes
Registered Member
OS
Well, I just joined this forum and I don't even know how submit a post. I'm hoping you or someone can tell me how to even ask a question. Thanks!