This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Info server

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Verminoz
Registered Member
OS

Info server

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:36 am
Hello people :)

Just a simple question: From which server does amarok download the titles and cover art?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Info server

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:39 am
As of Amarok 2.3.1, the Cover Manager gives you the choice between last.fm, Google, Yahoo and Discogs, last.fm is the default setting.

What titles download are you talking about?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Verminoz
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:57 am
I mean that when I put an AudioCD into the drive amarok reads out the titles of the songs. Is that CDTEXT or does it also find info on the internet? I'm saying because the song titles are not read although the CD does have CDTEXT!
Verminoz
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:25 pm
Also...where can I configure the cover manager?
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:46 pm
The tracks on a CD are typically fetched from a CDDB server (typically freedb.org). I am not aware that CD Text is used.

You can select the source for cover fetching in the dialog that pops up when you click "fetch album cover". See the "configure" button in the upper right.