This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Removing labels

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aquavitae
Registered Member
OS

Removing labels

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:07 am
Hi

I can't find a way to remove a label from several tracks at the same time. I've discovered that this was a problem in Amarok 1.4 at one stage, but I don't know if it was ever solved, or if this is a new problem.

If its not currently possible, can anyone tell me how to remove them from the database directly? I'm using them to help organise my music - i.e. they are tagged "Sorted" or "Unsorted", so that I can simulate two collections by sorting them by label. Then once I've organised an album, I want to change the label to "Sorted".
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: Removing labels

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:40 am
You should be able to "mass label" everything in a particular hierarchy, such as a whole album, a whole artist, or an entire genre. Just right-click on the top of the group in your local collection display, and chose Edit Track Details, and go to the label tab.

To move stuff out of your collection, you can use Dolphin/Konqueror, etc., and just move the tracks from ~/Music to ~/Unsorted, for instance. I did this when I was double-checking all my tags last year.

Valorie
aquavitae
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:01 am
Thanks for the reply, but mass labelling isn't the problem. Its mass unlabelling that I can't do. When I select more than one track and go to details, no labels are shown, even if they do have the same label.

I know I can manage it in dolphin, but amarok is just a much better app for managing music. But even if I do go back to dolphin, I still want to remove all the labels I've already added. There are far too many to do them one at a time.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:32 am
In that case, moving the music to your collection as you get it organized is the best idea. Either that, or let Amarok organize for you -- have you thought of doing that? Right-click on any album, and choose Organize Files.

Another way to somewhat mechanize the process is to use Picard, which is not only a tagging program, but can also be used to rename/reorganize files.

All the best,

Valorie
aquavitae
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:02 am
I'm actually using those tools already - picard to tag them, amarok/organise to file them. But organising them is not the problem - the problem is removing the labels I've added.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:28 am
Then I can only suggest filing a bug about this, explaining your use-case. It may be an easy fix!

Valorie
aquavitae
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:01 am
Ok, Thanks. I'll do that.