This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Time remaining doesn't work, and total time not shown

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
In the playlist nearly all my songs show 0:00 as total track time, whether I play them or not.

Also, remaining track time (during playback) doesn't show the correct time. The format is "--n:0" for n a positive integer which corresponds to the minutes elapsed. E.g. if 5:25 minutes as elapsed, then the time remaining will show "--5:0".

Amarok 2.3.1, KDE 4.4.5, Kubuntu 10.04.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
I assume you have restarted Amarok, to make sure that this isn't transient.

Can you see any pattern in this? Such as all long tracks, or all mp3s, flacs, etc. Are the tracks all in your collection?

When you look at the metadata, is that correct? (Right-click > Edit Track Details, Summary tab)

Valorie
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
I restarted it and the same thing occurs. Metadata incorrectly shows 0:00 as "length". (All other metadata is ok.)

I notice, for some strange reason, that it occurs mostly with very old mp3 tracks I have in my local collection. These used to be housed and edited on a FAT32 and NTFS partition, if that matters. (I don't see that it should.)

Any ideas?
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
Is it possible that some of the metadata got eaten during the move? When I've had problems such as lengths of 0:00, they were transient.

I just had an idea -- how about examining the tags in a tagger such as kid3 or easytag? You might have some mismatched tagging going on. Kid3 is particularly strong in that area.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Do a full collection rescan, the restart Amarok, that should fix the problem.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Do a full collection rescan, the restart Amarok, that should fix the problem.

That worked. I recall that I imported my music from an iTunes database originally which is probably the cause of the problem. All the new tracks I had added (not from the import) had been properly scanned and the rest hadn't.

Thanks (to both)!