This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2.3, full screen does not appear

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
manchette
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

i can't have full screen with amarok 2.3

how come ?

using suse 11.3 , kde 4.4 and nouveau driver for nvidia

thanks ;)

manchette, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
last openSUSE version : Leap 42.1... / Last Kde Plasma version : 5.0.xxx ...
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Well, you should probably restart it, looks odd. Also, upgrading to Amarok 2.3.1 is a good idea, it must be somewhere in additional repositories for OpenSuSE.

If that doesn't help, removing your $HOME/.kde4/share/config/amarok* files is worth a shot

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
google01103
Manager
this repository has Amarok 2.3.1 for openSuse 11.3 http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... SUSE_11.3/

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

manchette
Registered Member
OS
;)

Thanks for these tips,
, i saw that svn was not ok for a lib was missing
, thus i installed amarok 2.3.1

$ rpm -q amarok
amarok-2.3.1-86.1.i586

By the way : The bug i told you above was while 1st time building the collection and it seems like the directories are still set (i had to close amarok which was not responding anymore) .
Shall i rescan all collection or can i assume collection was built correctly ?

Mamarok
Manager
OS
Maybe asking it to update the collection, then restarting to make sure the Collection Browser shows it correctly is a good idea, since we currently have some unsolved caching issues with the Collection Browser.

Usually, when it doesn't scan the folders to 100% it is a file or more that either can't be read correctly or which have empty tags from Picard or MusicBrainz and are then registered as empty files. This is already solved in the development version, but for now you should try to run Amarok in a console twice in a row with 'amarok -d --nofork' (without the ' characters) to get a correct debugging output, then do a full scan, the konsole output will tell which files are to blame if the scan doesn't finish correctly.

Don't forget to restart Amarok after the first successful scan (remember the caching problem I mentioned above).

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
manchette
Registered Member
OS
Rescan seems ok now, Thanks ;)