This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

track statistics

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
RRH
Registered Member
OS

track statistics

Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:32 pm
hello,

Could you tell me folks where does Amarok keep track statistics. Is it called 'internal database' (in app preferences)? Every time after system re-installation I lost such statistics as played track counter.

Currently I started to rate my tracks and I would not like to lost them.

Second issue. Are statistics like ratings related to given track (path)? Let say I'd like to rip my record again and encode it to have better quality. Will I loose those statistics?

thanks in advance :)
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: track statistics

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:23 pm
If you don't save the database located in $HOME/.kde/share/apps/amarok before reinstalling your system, of course you will loose the ratings and statistics. There currently is no option to merge or copy ratings if you reinstall a different copy of the track, the ratings are linked to the track id. It would need a database manipulation. Please file a wish in http://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=amarok

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
RRH
Registered Member
OS

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:37 pm
hi Mamarok and thanks for a reply :)

You say Amarok database is located in $HOME/.kde/share/apps/amarok. But why does this db is overwritten/removed since it's just in $HOME?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:23 pm
Well, if you do a system re-installation and don't have your $HOME on a separate partition, you loose all it's content.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...