This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rescan individual folders does not work

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kaiben
Registered Member
I use Amarok as well on a PC as on a netbook. The music collection is located on a NAS.

I just rescanned the complete collection on both machines. Because this needs much time I want to use in future 'Scanning individual folders' to scan only the folders containing new music.

But this works only on my PC (Kubuntu 10.04), but not on my netbook (Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Remix). On the netbook I press the right mouse button on a folder, but no contex menu emerges as it does on the PC.

What can be the difference?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You didn't really tell what Amarok versions you use, but I guess those are different...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kaiben
Registered Member
Sorry, that i forgot to mention the Amarok version. It is 2.3 on both machines.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Maybe updating the Kubuntu 10.04 (on the netbook) version to 2.3.1 could help: http://kubuntu.org/news/amarok-2.3.1

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...