This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Song Metadata

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
diacobel
Registered Member
OS

Song Metadata

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 pm
I have used Amarok for years to listen to my music. Recently I decided to organize my daughters (I have 4) music collection. After downloading all of their music from their iPods I began to manually sort through and organize the music files. That is when I discovered Amarok is able to do this for me.

What I do not understand is how Amarok obtains the album and track information. There have been several instances where a song by a particular artist will be originally released on an album. I will have already placed this song in the original album directory but Amarok will move this song from the album directory and put it in a greatest collections album or a label sampler album directory.

Why is this happening? Is there metadata embedded within the music file itself giving the album information it was released on or is Amarok getting the information from MusicBrainz?

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

Thanks,

Dave
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Song Metadata

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:15 pm
What exact Amarok version is this about? Please always start by telling us the version of the application you are asking about.

id3 tags are part of the files, so of course the metadata is showing up if those tags are set correctly. Right click on a track and choose "Edit Track Details" so you can see the metadata.

Amarok 2.x is not getting any metadata from outside applications.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...