This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Podcast Directory Alternatives

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
biiz
Registered Member

Podcast Directory Alternatives

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:51 am
Hi I am relatively new to Amarok (and indeed Linux)

I am trying to settle on an audio player and amarok appeals because of things like the built in podcast directory.

Personal note. I am lazy!

I would like the podcast directory to be more extensive/better. Is there a way to switch the directory actually used or to affect the contents of it or like repos to add more than one. I'd also like access to all internet radio stations. Can't be doing with all this cut and paste stuff and sometimes fiddly to find the actual feed address (to me anyways)

Any way these can be achieved? (I don't like nor do I currently use iTunes but it gets some things pretty much right)

Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Podcast Directory Alternatives

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:22 am
You can't modify the Podcast Directory and there are no plans to do so.
Accessing "all" Internet radio stations is a bit much, don't you think? Please have a look at the scripts available (through the script manager), there is much more available.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:10 pm
biiz wrote:Hi I am relatively new to Amarok (and indeed Linux)

I am trying to settle on an audio player and amarok appeals because of things like the built in podcast directory.

Personal note. I am lazy!

I would like the podcast directory to be more extensive/better. Is there a way to switch the directory actually used or to affect the contents of it or like repos to add more than one. I'd also like access to all internet radio stations. Can't be doing with all this cut and paste stuff and sometimes fiddly to find the actual feed address (to me anyways)

Any way these can be achieved? (I don't like nor do I currently use iTunes but it gets some things pretty much right)

Thanks

I understand the lazy, but if you find scripts for podcasts or internet stations you like, you can easily (I'm told) modify them to add podcast sources and/or stations you want.

And it's nice once you have them working to share them with others via kde-apps, too.

Valorie
biiz
Registered Member

Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:37 pm
Hi

Thanks for the mention of scripts, I hadn't discovered that aspect of Amarok.

You're right Mamarok, "All" Stations may be too many - I don't suppose any existing directory has all of them.

I'll try n let you know how I get on.

Thanks again