This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Lyrics from embedded tags

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imre_herceg
Registered Member
OS

Lyrics from embedded tags

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:00 am
For Amarok 1.4 exists an excellent lyrics script (Lyrics ID3) which gets the lyrics from the embedded Lyrics tag.
It would be great if there was a script like that for Amarok 2 as well.
It is very useful for music whose lyrics is not available from the Internet (lyrics in languages other than English, Classical music e.g. operas, oratorios).
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Lyrics from embedded tags

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:04 am
Did you check the available scripts on http://kde-apps.org? You can browse those directly in the Script Manager -> Get new scripts.
This is not a Usability issue, so I will move the thread.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
lcn.mustard
Registered Member
OS

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:33 pm
Hi, I check every week the available scripts on http://kde-apps.org there is no script to read the id3 amarok 2.30 only for 1.49
I tried install "Lyrics ID3" but doesn1t work at all because is for amarok 1.49 too.

PCCOnfig: nvidia nforce 430-320gb sata2 - sempron LE1150 - inrenet adsl 4mb
lcn.mustard
Registered Member
OS

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:34 pm
I'm using kubuntu lucid and amarok is very poor without this script as many of the songs that I do not have lyrics on the internet. Another thing, if I had not internet?
Please give us a script like that "Lyrics ID3".

valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 pm
You are very welcome to adapt the old script to work with Amarok 2, or work with the author of the old script to adapt. The script authors aren't directly part of the Amarok developement team, and feedback/bug reports and such take place on kde-apps.

Good luck

Valorie
lcn.mustard
Registered Member
OS

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 pm
valoriez wrote:You are very welcome to adapt the old script to work with Amarok 2, or work with the author of the old script to adapt. The script authors aren't directly part of the Amarok developement team, and feedback/bug reports and such take place on kde-apps.

Good luck

Valorie

Thanks but I don't have these skills. For now I back using old amarok 1.49.