This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok Interface

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
juanbobo
Registered Member

Amarok Interface

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:23 pm
Maybe this isn't the right venue for this, and I'm sure it's been said many times before, but I think the majority of Amarok 1.4 users were disappointed by the Amarok 2 interface. I realize a lot of hard work has gone into Amarok 2 and I definitely respect that, but let's face it, two thirds of the window is wasted. Most people do not read lyrics while they're playing a song and that pretty much render's the center panel useless, and the left side is only required for initiating your library. I am not an Amarok developer and I certainly don't expect anyone to make any changes for me alone, but I think the community for the most part would prefer the panel showing the library of music to take up the entire window, or at least have that be an option.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Re: Amarok Interface  Topic is solved

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:31 pm
It is an option, and has been for a long time. Go to the View menu and uncheck "lock layout". Then you can drag the playlist, media sources, context view, and controls wherever you. You can put some stuff above or below other stuff, or even combine two or even three of the elements, making tabs. I personally have the Media Sources and context view tabbed, with the playlist off to the side, but you could easily have the playlist and context browser tabbed, or playlist and media browser tabbed, or all three tabbed.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
juanbobo
Registered Member

Re: Amarok Interface

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:34 pm
Wow, that is great to hear, I hadn't checked for a long time for an option like this, thanks for your reply.