This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dynamic Playlists

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
passerby
Registered Member
OS

Dynamic Playlists

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:32 am
im kinda curious why when searching my collection it will accept terms like added:<2w to list what i added within the last 2 weeks but it wont allow me to use these same terms in dynamic playlists it kinda seems like it would be a easy thing to have in both places since it is obviously possible.

i would find something like this very use full since i review music for a local culture publication and my collection grows by almost a hundred tracks each week as a result and it would be useful just to make a dynamic list of anything new and just rate it if i like what i hear.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: Dynamic Playlists

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:01 am
That could indeed be added as one of the Dynamic Playlists criteria, it looks like. You are welcome to file a wish bug about this if you like.

Until that change is made, you have another alternative, because it already is part of the APG (Automated Playlist Generator). Look at example one, and save your changes with your own favorite search, such as New in Last Two Weeks.

Valorie
passerby
Registered Member
OS

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:46 am
valoriez wrote:That could indeed be added as one of the Dynamic Playlists criteria, it looks like. You are welcome to file a wish bug about this if you like.

Until that change is made, you have another alternative, because it already is part of the APG (Automated Playlist Generator). Look at example one, and save your changes with your own favorite search, such as New in Last Two Weeks.

Valorie

thanks for the quick post.

where should i file this request im not too familiar with how the dev team works for amarok.

if they have there own bug trackers or they use the one from the kde project or if i should submit it downstream since my distro opensuse has a lot of devs and in the kde community.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:05 am
http://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=amarok will get you where you want to go. Be sure to mark it as a wish!

Of course, if you submit a patch TOO, it can get done rather faster. ;-)

Valorie
passerby
Registered Member
OS

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:34 pm
thanks i got the wish sent.