This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

So I make a playlist....

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TheBigAmbulance
Registered Member

So I make a playlist....

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:23 pm
Amarok 2.3.x is getting better all the time. I do have one questions.

Let's say I put a play list together of various music and I have an empty mp3 player. I want to copy the play list files over to the mp3 player. The only way I can see how to move files around is from the left menu (media).

How can you create a play list, and then copy that play list over to the mp3 player(I.E. Take the play list and copy the play list files to the media device without right click>copy to)?
caku
Registered Member

Re: So I make a playlist....

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:02 am
I've the same problem!

I don't know how to copy the files of the playlist to the media device, please someone could help us?
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:48 am
This will be implemented soon, we hope. For now, you right-click and move all the selected files to your device.

Also, if you have saved your playlist to your hard disk (hold down the selection icon a second, and choices available will appear) you can transfer them to your device in Dolphin. Right-click on the playlist, which is saved with the date as default name, to edit the name to something more useful.

We hope this functionality will be added to the playlist soon.

Valorie
caku
Registered Member

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:56 am
But I've a MTP device so I can't use Dolphin to copy files.
caku
Registered Member

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:45 pm
I've installed the version 2.4.... and now Amarok crash at startup! ???

Looking for solutions I've found "Clementine": a port of Amarok 1.4... it works fine!

Sadly...I will use it in place of Amarok!
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:39 am
caku wrote:I've installed the version 2.4.... and now Amarok crash at startup! ???

Looking for solutions I've found "Clementine": a port of Amarok 1.4... it works fine!

Sadly...I will use it in place of Amarok!

If you are happy with Clementine, super. Otherwise, please try running Amarok from the console
Code: Select all
amarok -d --nofork
so we can see what is crashing your Amarok on startup. You could have a corrupted playlist, script or something else going on.