This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Same Album Art displayed for 2 songs with different albums

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
shadyabhi
Registered Member
OS
Even though I have 2 songs from different Albums of the same artist, same artwork is being displayed for these songs which is very undesirable.

In other words, songs with same artist but different album have the same artwork..

Also, Amarok is not able to read embedded artwork.
I am on ArchLinux64 with Amarok 2.3.2 with KDE 4.5.1.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
The embedded artwork is only working for mp3 tracks for now. I will ask a dev to have a look at the other problem.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
stuffcorpse
KDE Developer
OS
shadyabhi wrote:Even though I have 2 songs from different Albums of the same artist, same artwork is being displayed for these songs which is very undesirable.

In other words, songs with same artist but different album have the same artwork..

How are your music files organized? e.g. are they all in one big folder or separate folder for each album.
shadyabhi
Registered Member
OS
How are your music files organized? e.g. are they all in one big folder or separate folder for each album.

Songs of same artist are in the same folder with name like "%artist - %album - %title"...
And in the root directory of COLLECTIION, there are various folders of artists.
shadyabhi
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:The embedded artwork is only working for mp3 tracks for now. I will ask a dev to have a look at the other problem.

Yes. I confirm that it reads embedded artwork for mp3. But, as soon as it reads embedded artwork for a particular artist, same artwork is displayed in all its albums..
stuffcorpse
KDE Developer
OS
shadyabhi wrote:

Songs of same artist are in the same folder with name like "%artist - %album - %title"...

Ok, so basically all music of a particular artist is put in the same folder.

What about the cover images; are they in that folder too? Or were they fetched by amarok?
shadyabhi
Registered Member
OS
stuffcorpse wrote:
shadyabhi wrote:

Ok, so basically all music of a particular artist is put in the same folder.

What about the cover images; are they in that folder too? Or were they fetched by amarok?

The mp3s have only embedded artwork.. There is no other artwork file in the folder