This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok not showing songs under Local Music

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
scarleo
Registered Member
Hi, I'm sure this is just a matter of me missing something obvious but I can't for my life find out what.

I have my entire collection, abt. 8500 songs, in /home/scarleo/Music, the entire collection is arranged in Artist/Album/songs. Amarok seems at first to handle this real nice and my collection shows up under Local Music as expected.

The problem is that some albums are not possible to add to the playlist by drag-n-drop (or any other means), so I started to examine why and it turns out no songs are shown in those albums. But if I go back in Amarok and choose to browse for files the songs are there and are possible to add to playlist. This seems entirely random, other albums have the songs under Local Music and these albums can be added to playlist. So why don't they all show under Local Music?

Amarok 2.3.1
KDE 4.5
openSUSE 11.2

Last edited by scarleo on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
scarleo
Registered Member
Addition to the above: It almost seems that if Amarok only let me add songs from Local Music to playlist that it recognizes, all albums with cover art are fine to add but also some without. But the ones Amarok can't find anything on at all it seems to refuse to let me play. This isn't the intended behaviour, is it?

EDIT: Suddenly it seems to work like expected, all songs are found. Not sure what changed, maybe it just needed some time sorting things out. :)