This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok newbie with 3 problems

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
smeyer56
Registered Member

Amarok newbie with 3 problems

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:30 pm
I just downloaded and installed Amarok 2.3

I am having 3 problems with Amarok software and was hoping someone could help.
1. It will not play certain MP3s. All of my music has been copied from my CDs and are all MP3s but only certain CDs play in Amarok(and Ipod when copied to Ipod).
2. When MP3s are copied to Ipod, for some reason it makes multiple copies on Ipod. Some songs were copied 3 times.
3. Least concerning to me, the lyrics shown on screen aren't from the currently playing song on playlist.

Am I just doing something wrong.

Thanks
google01103
Manager

Re: Amarok newbie with 3 problems

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:30 pm
1) do these mp3's play fine in a different player? is there any obvious differences in the ripping process such as different ripper? If you right click a non-playable track -> edit track details does the summary tag look correct re: bitrate, format size and length?

2) no idea, no iPod

3) Are the lyrics displayed from the previous song played? the next song to play? Could you try a different lyrics script tools -> script manager then install ultimate lyrics and restart Amarok.

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

smeyer56
Registered Member

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:06 pm
1. Media player plays them all. They are all MP3s and not WMA and when I looked at the summary tag they all looked the same. I will check this again tonight.

2. I have been fighting getting one, mainly due to itunes. But my son just got an iTouch and I inherited his Nano.

3. Will try later.

Thanks
google01103
Manager

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:38 pm
what backend are you using? setttings -> configure Amarok -> playback -> configure phonon -> backend

"media player" = mPlayer? gnome media player? if gnome are you using kde or gnome?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 pm
Could you please also specifiy which KDE version and distribution you are using? I assume you talk about Amarok 2.3.0, the latest stable release is 2.3.2 though.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...