This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

tag problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dan3
Registered Member
OS

tag problem

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:23 pm
Hi, I'm using Amarok 2.3.1 on debian. I ran into this problem just now when I added this album. The album name is "Putumayo Presents - Latin Lounge" but it was tagged as just "Putumayo Presents." So I edited the tag using EasyTag. It still showed the old tag in Amarok. I tried updating the collection and even deleted and re-copied the (correctly tagged) files back into my collection. Amarok still showed the album tag as "Putumayo Presents."

Then I tried editing the tag in Amarok. After saving the new tag the entire album disappeared from Various Artists and the individual tracks showed up as separate entries for each artist.

Then I tried re-ripping and correcting the album name in k3b before riping. Amarok still shows the incorrect album name and now it doesn't show any tracks for the album. They don't seem to be anywhere in the collection. The tags look OK in EasyTag. Amarok doesn't like something about the tag so it just ignores the files.

I have quite a few albums (around 2700 tracks) and this is the first time I've seen this odd behavior. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I know there have been some issues with VA, but the refusal to recognize a change in the album name seems odd. Is there some incompatibility with the tags from EasyTag? (using EasyTag 2.1.6).

Suggestions welcome!

Dan
google01103
Manager

Re: tag problem

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:27 pm
first thing you should try is to update to 2.3.2 http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.3.2

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x