This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Copy to Collection changes Artist tag

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cesargm
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

Sorry if this issue is already discussed in another thread, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I'm running Amarok 2.3.2 Using KDE 4.5.1 (KDE 4.5.1) in Ubuntu 10.10 and I found something odd copying some songs from my Local Collection to a pen drive.

The tags for the songs are ok in my Local Collection, and when I click "Copy to Collection" the preset window appears, the "Destination Preview" shows exactly what I want Amarok to do and all songs go to the right folders.

However, in the pen drive collection some songs appear to have a different artist tag on Amarok (some apparently random "AC/DC" songs became "Original Soundtrack")

The songs play in my radio with the normal artist and using EasyTAG to check everything appears right. It's just Amarok that sees it differently. Any idea what it is?

On my pc I only listen to the Local Collection and I use the other ones only to copy to other devices so this doesn't really bother me, I just found it odd...

Thanks!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
EasyTAG doesn't read/display all tags, especially not the AlbumArtist tag. You can see that with kid3 for example which is configurable for the tags to show.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
google01103
Manager
Mamarok wrote:EasyTAG doesn't read/display all tags, especially not the AlbumArtist tag. You can see that with kid3 for example which is configurable for the tags to show.

Actually Kid3 automatically displays any tags filled in, you don't need to configure anything.

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x