This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Upgrade to 2.4 without losing what I like about 1.4

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
I miss that easy editing too, but I've gotten used to the s l o w double-click, and I use the now playing applet also. Of course, you can always right-click on the track or the album and rate in the tag-editing screen, statistic tab.
ebisudave
Registered Member
This new editing might be a deal breaker for me, though.

I heavily lean on star ratings to organize my playlists, and during the upgrade I lost a lot of my old star ratings (which was my bad). The thought of having to do all this slow clicking or click each file 3 times just to edit the stars makes the task of re-starring the music too daunting.

In the old Amarok, one could even star multiple files right in the playlist window by selecting a group and then one-clicking the star rating.

Is there no script or option that can get that functionality back?
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
You can mass tag in the Collection browser - whole genres, whole artists, whole albums, which I often used to do like: 3 stars for an artist, figuring that that would be my lowest rating.

If there is a way to do it in the playlist, I don't know it.
ebisudave
Registered Member
This slow click to get at the star ratings is insane.

Is this something that could be fixed with a script?

Just pitching the idea out there. I have no idea how to make Amarok scripts, but if there was anyone out there who knew how to do this...

The way editing within the playlist was one of the things that made 1.4 so great. You listened to a song, and you could just click right on the genre, or stars, or whatever, and just edit it right away.

No slow click holding you back.