This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Save Cover to Files Amarok 2.4

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dwrana
Registered Member
OS

Save Cover to Files Amarok 2.4

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:15 am
Hi,
I installed Amarok 2.4 on Kubuntu 10.10 and am happy. I would like to use the new feature "store album cover in files". But I don't know how to do. Maybe its fully automatic? Can anyone explain how Amarok works regarding that, are the Covers stored on request, all the time, on a special user action i cannot find??
Regards
Daniel
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Save Cover to Files Amarok 2.4

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:25 am
This currently needs to be set in the config file. In ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc, in [Collections], set Write Back Cover=true.
I believe this is written when a track is played, but I haven't tested myself.

benvantende
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:17 pm
I added the lines to amarokrc. How can I check if the cover is written to the file? It is an awesome feature I guess if it works. I have been missing the thumbnails on my media player.

gRTz

ben
google01103
Manager

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:40 pm
if you open the file with Kid3 (and probably other taggers) the picture and picture tag will be displayed.

there maybe dimension and size requirements on your media player that, if not met, will not show the cover

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x