This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is there a possibily to view real files (+tree) in amarok2?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
oernii
Registered Member
Hi, I would like amarok to show me my files and folders instead of albums, artists and so on. I do understand the logic of it, but for myself files and directories are all that I need for organizing.

is that possible in amarok 2.3.1/ kde4?
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
Certainly, just use the File Browser rather than the Collection Browser. However, it definitely is not as full-featured. For instance, searching is rather annoying, to me at least, since in the Files view, you can only search the level you are at. So you had better remember the artist you want! And etc. Still, you always have the Collection browser at your fingertips, if you wish to use its superior searching/sorting capabilities.
oernii
Registered Member
valoriez wrote:Certainly, just use the File Browser

Well I feel stupid. I have been searching for it (the file browser) and I still am. Where is the file browser? I've been through all hte menus and settings, help and still do not know how to enable it.

in View i have 'media sources', playlists and context. Logically it should be somewhere in media sources, but there is no mention of a file browser at all.

I'm on mandriva with these rpms:
amarok-2.3.1-1mdv2010.1
amarok-scripts-2.3.1-1mdv2010.1
amarok-utils-2.3.1-1mdv2010.1
lib64amarokcore1-2.3.1-1mdv2010.1
lib64amaroklib1-2.3.1-1mdv2010.1
lib64amarokocsclient4-2.3.1-1mdv2010.1
lib64amarokpud1-2.3.1-1mdv2010.1
lib64amarok-sqlcollection1-2.3.1-1mdv2010.1
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
Sorry, I should have said! Please look at our new Handbook page for lots of screenshots and such: http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/A ... diaSources

Hope this helps,

Valorie
oernii
Registered Member
Thanks, I did miss it indeed.