This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Playlists borked?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Martux
Registered Member
OS

Playlists borked?

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:57 pm
Hi!
Since Amarok 2.4, when ever I drag a son to a playlist which is already there, Amarok *deletes* the content of that list and inserts the new content exclusively instead of adding it. This has worked perfectly before so it is clearly a regression. What is it a bug, a new feature I don't understand?
Please fix it :-O

Note by moderator: edited title to make it searchable
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Playlists borked?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:29 am
I can't reproduce this here, do you have any filters or dynamic playlists activated?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Kash
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 am
Did you drop It directly to playlist or to context view panel? Probably you just missed and drop It on "Replace Playlist". Can't reproduce It anyway.
Stecchino
KDE Developer

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:16 am
Bugs are best reported to bugs.kde.org. Doing this on a forum doesn't make sense. Please reserve the forum for general help and feedback.
Martux
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:52 pm
After a lot of reconfiguring, reinstalling still nothing works like it should :(
My scenario:
I have some playlists in the media sources context panel.
Then for example I listen to a dynamic playlist and find a song I like.
Now I drag that song into a playlist on the panel. What happens is that the complete playlist is deleted and *replaced* with just the new song. What should happen and happened all the time before is that this song just gets *added* to the list. I hope I could make it clear what I meant.
Right now I am really disappointed (again). Why is it that every new Amarok version has new problems. Once fixed something different comes up. And really annoying is this absolut unwanted manipulation of my grown-over-the-years-playlists. Years of work destroyed within seconds :( I have no idea how you people handle your collections, but I completely lost trust in database driven approaches due to way too much borkage with mysql version changes, amarok-1.4 to 2.x switch and so on.
Of course this stuff is free as in beer, but I am so fed up with being the looser of this stuff always. Durability over all this feature-crap please...

So, I am very open for suggestions on how to get the old behaviour back or on how to durable handle my playlists from now on.
Thanks.