This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Smarter way to return better search results in Amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
NerOscuro
Registered Member
OS
Amarok has powerful search and filtering capabilities on an indexed collection, but in my opinion it's missing an important feature: the ability to list results depending on the meaning of a word and not only on the way it's written. This feature would be very useful with Classical Music collections. Let me explain with an example, because I'm not expecting AI features from amarok. Searching for Bach's Klavierkonzert D-moll might yield results or not, depending on the way the title of this piece of music is stored in a collection that might depend on the publisher of the album or on freedb or others. In fact it can be stored as: "Klavierkonzert D-moll" (in German), "Concerto per clavicembalo in Re minore" (in Italian), "Harpsichord Concerto in D minor" (in English) and "Concerto pour Clavecin en Re mineur" (in French) all meaning the same piece of music that is BWV1052. What would be really amazing is to let amarok know that Clavecin, Klavier, Clavicembalo and Harpsichord are the same instrument, that D moll, D minor and Re minore are all the same stuff, so that if I use as search terms: "Bach Clavicembalo Re minore"; amarok returns "Harpsichord Concerto in D minor" to me. I hope to have explained what I mean and that you find interesting this feature request (if you are not working on it yet.)