This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2, Samba remote collections, looses ratings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tomchiverton
Registered Member
This is Amarok 2.4.0 on Ubuntu 10.10, with an MP3 folder (a few levels deep at worst) shared as cifs from a Fedora 14 box.

Sometimes (like if I've been out of the house) the mount point wont be up, but I might start Amarok, and then later the mount point comes back (say after a reboot because it's set to come up during KDE login).

This fairly common combination of circumstances seems to loose all the saved statistics, such as play count, rating etc. etc.

I though Amarok was meant to cope with 'removable' collections fine ? Is this incorrect ? Am I getting something wrong ?
hefeweiz3n
Registered Member
OS
When you mount it in the File system (using cifs) Amarok is not able to see that it is a "Removable Collection" as it probably can't find it in the list of removable drives since they get handled differently.
tomchiverton
Registered Member
So what's the 'correct' way to do this ? Where are removable collections meant to be kept ?
Under 'media sources' I have options for local, internet, playlists, files and podcasts.... ummm ?
tomchiverton
Registered Member
tomchiverton
Registered Member