This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dynamic Playlists - duplicate entries in playlists

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
AdmFubar
Registered Member
OS
There has to be a solution! I've poked around in the playlist tool but have not figured it out how to keep duplicate files out of a playlist.
Or is this just inherent to amarok?
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
If I notice some dupes, I just run Playlist > Remove Duplicates. Does that not work for you? A random selection, by definition, is random, so might include some duplicates.
rocketsurgeon
Registered Member
OS
valoriez wrote:If I notice some dupes, I just run Playlist > Remove Duplicates. Does that not work for you? A random selection, by definition, is random, so might include some duplicates.

Sure, you can keep hammering that option. But the funny thing is that I have a rule

last played: older than 21 days

and yet, the dynamic playlist keep popping up the same track again and again, even after it has played and shows "45 minutes ago" as its last played time.

I filed a wish way back about duplicate prevention in the dynamic playlist, but nothing ever came of that: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=240518
AdmFubar
Registered Member
OS
valoriez wrote:If I notice some dupes, I just run Playlist > Remove Duplicates. Does that not work for you? A random selection, by definition, is random, so might include some duplicates.

As i remember 1.4 didnt do this with with playlists.
i use amarok for gathering and listening to podcasts. i usually have several qued in the dynamic playlist to see what is coming up. but i dont want to listen to a previous podcast again. it would be great if the playlist generator could check if the current file it has selected isnt already in the playlist. it shouldnt be that hard.
evll
Registered Member
OS
I can confirm that dynamic playlists display duplicates too often (when using proportional bias at least).