This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok doesn't show Android UMS in media sources

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Lukrez
Registered Member
OS
Hi all,

I'm trying to use my Android phone as media source in Amarok, when it is connected to my PC via USB. In the device notification area, it is listed as "Android UMS Composite". I also can browse folders using dolphin. The device is mounted as
Code: Select all
/dev/sdc on /media/35EE-1E0E type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,gid=100,fmask=0022,dmask=0077,codepage=cp437, \
  iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,showexec,utf8,errors=remount-ro,uhelper=udisks)

I even started Amarok in debug mode and found the following passage:
Code: Select all
amarok:   BEGIN: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&)
amarok:     Device udi:  "/org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdc"
amarok:     Device name:  "Android - UMS Composite"
amarok:     BEGIN: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const
amarok:     END__: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const [Took: 0s]
amarok:     Mount point:  "/media/35EE-1E0E"
amarok:     vendor:  "Android" , product:  "UMS Composite"
amarok:     BEGIN: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const
amarok:     END__: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const QString&) const [Took: 0s]
amarok:   END__: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const QString&) [Took: 0s]

But in the end, Amarok doesn't show it as media source.

Any ideas?
google01103
Manager
version of Amarok?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Lukrez
Registered Member
OS
Amarok's about dialog says:
Amarok
Version 2.4.0.90
Unter KDE 4.6.1 (4.6.1) "release 390"

My OS is openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64).
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
I just got a new Android phone, and while I'm running Amarok 2.4-GIT, this is my results of testing:

Mixed. While I can easily get Amarok to see my phone, it does take two steps: 1. on the phone, make sure that it is set to share, and 2. in Available Devices, open in Dolphin to make sure it is mounted.

Amarok sees it, and once you select the device and click the wrench, it even knows the model.

However, once I start copying some of my favorite tracks to Amarok, things break down. I got 12 of ~200 transferred, and no matter how many times I restarted the process, no more tracks were transferred. Sad!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Well, this is again the current problem with Media Devices in Amarok. For the time being you should use Dolphin to add tracks.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Stecchino
KDE Developer
Lukrez
Registered Member
OS
Stecchino wrote:Should be fixed now. http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.4.3

Amarok 2.4.3 comes with openSUSE 12.1 which I am using right now. My device is now shown in the collection view and I'm also able to copy music titles to the device using Amarok.

Well done :)