This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to save a playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pwabrahams
Registered Member
OS

How to save a playlist

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:47 pm
How can I save the current playlist as shown in the right pane? There's a choice for Export Playlist but not for Save Playlist. I want the playlist to appear in the logical place: under Saved Playlists / Playlist Files on Disk. I tried exporting it, but then I couldn't find a way to add that disk file to the list under Playlist Files on Disk.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: How to save a playlist

Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:28 pm
At the bottom of the playlist you'll see a little disk icon. If you click and hold, you'll be able to choose saving to the hard disk or to Amarok's database. You'll find all your playlists in Media Sources > Playlists. To rename from the default time and date, just right-click and rename.
pwabrahams
Registered Member
OS

One or two playlists - a bug, maybe?

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:46 pm
I tried what you suggested, and indeed the playlist showed up under "Playlist files on disk". But the title bar for "Playlist files on disk" said that I have 2 playlists - yet only one is shown. Is that a bug?

And is there a way to add one of my own streams to the Internet list of sources of content? So far the only way I've found to play a stream that Amarok doesn't already know about is to put it on a playlist.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:25 pm
Could be a bug, or a phantom listing in your database; hard to tell.

I have a few favorite channels I listen to consistently, and I do as you do; save their entries in the playlist, and name them by the channel name.

That works well, but if I had many favorites, I would probably investigate how to use one of the already-existing scripts, such as those for classical music, or from various countries, to my use. The nice thing about doing it that way, is that you can share your list with others, by putting it in KDE-Apps. Amarokers will be able to find and install from within Amarok. :-)
pwabrahams
Registered Member
OS

Scripts for classical music

Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:56 am
Where are those scripts for classical music? I couldn't find them.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:21 am
Just one, Classical Music Streams. Read more about it:

http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=97279

You can get and install it right within Amarok, and it will show up in your Internet section.
pwabrahams
Registered Member
OS

Classical music script

Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:49 pm
I installed the script you recommended. It has some good stations and at least one that doesn't work. I also know of several that aren't on that list at all. What would be the best way to update that list?
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:30 pm
The author seems responsive to feedback: http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=97279