This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok doesn't see my Sansa Fuze, but sees its MicroSD

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
buffalobillion
Registered Member
I have an 8GB Sansa Fuze (firmware 2.3.33) with an 8GB MicroSD. Both mount fine, I can navigate in Dolphin. However, in Amarok (2.4.0), only my MicroSD shows up.

I've tried putting an .is_audio_player at the root of my Fuze, all to no avail. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm on Kubuntu 11.04, 64-bit.

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------
Dell Studio 1737
Kubuntu 11.04 64-bit
KDE 4.6.2
google01103
Manager
is the fuze in mtp mode or msc?

there's a bug report https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=272401

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=90065&p=170507&hilit=fuze#p170507 translated "Yes, for version 1 this is the last. But apparently you are not the only one seems to be problems, even under the Windwos Fuze Cause problems, sometimes it is recognized, sometimes not, the Sansa forum since it has some entries (but you already know ), And in the community forum is teeming with them like this: http://www.sansacommunity.com/"

have you considered Rockbox as a replacement to the default sw? don't know if it will help but if available for v2 it is much more functional and plays all formats

fyi - 2.4.1 should ship soon (mailinglist says it's tagged) and it might help

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

buffalobillion
Registered Member
Yep, that bug describes my issue exactly. I've tried Rockbox, but don't remember whether it helped with my Amarok-related issues. Maybe I'll give it another go...

Thanks for the info.

Dell Studio 1737
Kubuntu 11.04 64-bit
KDE 4.6.2
buffalobillion
Registered Member
Nope, unfortunately, the presence of Rockbox doesn't make a difference. On the plus side, I gave MTP mode a go, and it seems to work just fine.

Dell Studio 1737
Kubuntu 11.04 64-bit
KDE 4.6.2