This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Podcast play count not advancing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
AdmFubar
Registered Member
OS

Podcast play count not advancing

Sun May 22, 2011 3:27 am
When playing podcasts the playcount is advanced. Is anyone else having this problem?
using 2.4.1 here on opensuse 11.4 64bit

weird forum... it is Amarok, i did post this in the amarok forum.. :)

Last edited by AdmFubar on Sun May 22, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ronnoc
Registered Member
OS
Hello. What application are you running to listen to podcasts?

KDE CWG
OS
AdmFubar wrote:When playing podcasts the playcount is advanced. Is anyone else having this problem?
using 2.4.1 here on opensuse 11.4 64bit

weird forum... it is Amarok, i did post this in the amarok forum.. :)

Your Title says that the playcount is NOT advancing, and then in your post, you say it IS advanced. Which is it? And by playcount, do you mean the "new" status of the podcast, or what?
AdmFubar
Registered Member
OS
was supposed to be not advancing, sorry the fingers dont work so good these days
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
AdmFubar wrote:was supposed to be not advancing, sorry the fingers dont work so good these days

Where are you seeing a "podcast playcount" which is now not advancing? Sometimes after I play a podcast, it still shows as "new". The solution is to right-click, and uncheck "new". Not sure why sometimes the play isn't detected, but it's easy to both delete the download and uncheck new afterwards.

Is this what you mean, or something different?
AdmFubar
Registered Member
OS

Re: Podcast play count not advancing

Tue May 24, 2011 12:57 am
In the playlist window. the play count for pod casts are never advanced. other files in the my collection are. odd that pod casts that amarok collects for me dont get their play count added to.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
AdmFubar wrote:In the playlist window. the play count for pod casts are never advanced. other files in the my collection are. odd that pod casts that amarok collects for me dont get their play count added to.

I wouldn't call that odd, I would call it expected behavior. Most podcasts are listened to once, and then discarded. The very rare podcasts I would want to listen to more than once, I'd move to my music collection in a Podcast folder. I have a few live concerts and such from NPR in that folder.
AdmFubar
Registered Member
OS
the how would amarok know that it has been listen to, so it could be thrown away?
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
You can configure each Podcast channel separately, to keep or throw away podcasts. Right-click on the channel name and choose Configure to see your options. And as i said, if Amarok somehow forgets to ack that you listened to a podcast, you can right-click and un-click New. If you want to make sure it isn't deleted, either mark it New or copy it (not in Amarok, but in your file manager) to a folder in your Collection.
AdmFubar
Registered Member
OS
the problem is that a podcast shouldnt be deleted untill after it is listen to.. and since the playcount isnt advanced past zero it really cant do this..
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
Have you found that unlistened-to podcasts have been deleted?

You can change how long and under what conditions podcasts will be kept, and under what conditions they will be deleted. Have you done this? If so, are you saying that your settings are not being followed?