This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I messed up: help needed to get back the middle "Context" an

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kline
Registered Member
OS
I first used amarok prior to version 1.40 and created at least 4 playlists with my favorite tunes, not all albums, but instead mostly singles. I gave up a year ago when I began using Ubuntu 10.04 because it seemed hopeless to figure out, and if I wanted to find my music, it was stored in ~/Music.

I tried again today and amarok came up with three segments. Somehow I found my missing "Favorites[1-4]. And in the center was the stuff for the wiki. Things got messed up when I tried to find the lyrics for a favorite song. The center disappeared, and so did the missing playlists. The Help section has not been able to reset things.

Can anybody help me?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You unfortunately didn't specify which exact version you are talking about, but let's try anyway:

If the complete middle pane disappeared, go to the View menu and get it back there, it is the Context pane.

What I don't understand is the disappearance of the missing playlists, could you please be a bit more specific on what you did there exactly?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kline
Registered Member
OS
I am using Ubuntu 11.04 and whatever version of amarok that release has. Re the missing playlists, I (fortunately) found them in ~/Music/Favorite, altho exactly how the structure is set up is a bit confusing.

I will look for the Context pane. It vanished when I tried to find some lyrics; the third pane also vanished. --Lots to figure out.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
To check the Amarok version go to the Help menu and check the "About Amarok" entry. This is valid for all applications btw.

Could you eventually post a screenshot of how your Amarok looks like? I have some difficulties to imagine what it looks like

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kline
Registered Member
OS
More on this issue: I clicked on View and checkmarked the Context box. And immediately gor a segv. I tried to restart automatically from the bug-report app and amarok die instantly.

I'll have to d/load more tools in the morning my localtime to be able to submit a bugreport.

Dunno.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Well, try erasing the amarok* config files located in $HOME/.kde/share/config/

Also please set your distribution in your profile, this makes it much easier for us to answer support requests.