This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help Ripping CD in Amarok 2.4.1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ddoherty03
Registered Member
OS

Help Ripping CD in Amarok 2.4.1

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:29 am
I asked this question on the IRC channel, which suggested I upgrade from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1, which I have now done.

I still get the same problem almost. I insert a CD and the CD is loaded into amarok with the correct name and the songs correctly identified. However, all of them show a track time of 0:00.

If I try to right click and "Copy to Local Collection", nothing happens. No message, nada.

If I open up dolphin, I can see the tracks at their correct times and can play them.

Appears to be some disconnect between KDE and amarok.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
ddoherty03
Registered Member
OS

Re: Help Ripping CD in Amarok 2.4.1

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 am
Sentynel,

Thanks for the pointer. I'm shocked that this is a known bug!

Seems basic to me.

Regards,

Dan
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 am
Update: I'm not actually sure this is the same thing. You should be presented with a dialogue offering the choice of copying or transcoding. Selecting the transcode option doesn't work, but this is a bug and it shouldn't be presented in the first place. The copy option uses KDE's built-in audio CD handling to transcode.
If you aren't seeing that dialogue at all, you have a different issue.

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:50 am
ddoherty03 wrote:Sentynel,

Thanks for the pointer. I'm shocked that this is a known bug!

Seems basic to me.

You are welcome to give a hand in fixing this.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...